Today was the big day, the first day of Kindergarten! The girls were so excited and Mommy was so nervous and excited for them. We were up by 6:15 to get dressed and head downstairs for breakfast. Then it was out to the bus stop by 7:00. They looked so grown up with their backpacks on but then looked so small compared to the big kids at the bus stop. I started to tear up when the bus arrived but held it together fairly well. As soon as the bus pulled away, my tears started to flow and it really hit me that my little girls are growing up. I am crying again just writing this.
Isabel has Mrs. Boone, who is the teacher that I had hoped for. She has many neighborhood friends and a few from preschool in her class. Amelia's teacher is Mrs. Cunningham and she knows one little boy from preschool. I was especially worried about her since she did not know any girls in her class but we did meet one nice girl at Open House and had them pick out seats next to each other. Hoping she will meet lots of new friends.
Here are some pictures from this morning...
Isabel has Mrs. Boone, who is the teacher that I had hoped for. She has many neighborhood friends and a few from preschool in her class. Amelia's teacher is Mrs. Cunningham and she knows one little boy from preschool. I was especially worried about her since she did not know any girls in her class but we did meet one nice girl at Open House and had them pick out seats next to each other. Hoping she will meet lots of new friends.
Here are some pictures from this morning...
Another first for today was my short walk up the street with Miss Alyssa. She and I got some fresh air before the bus came to bring the big girls home. She seemed to really enjoyed it!
And finally the bus came! Two smiling girls got off the bus and that is all that I can ask for. They both had a great day and are excited to go back tomorrow!
1 comment:
My eyes are full of tears just reading this blog and seeing the girls so grown up. What a day!
Nana
Post a Comment